Thursday, September 1, 2011

Finally....

Well, here goes nothing. It's taken me long enough to update this. I never sent out Christmas cards...you can say it...LOSER!!! I know--super lame.

Rod is liking his job. He started school last week along with the girls. (Apparently one master's degree is not enough) He started a master's program in Accountancy--or Taxation or something like that. He has a few leveling classes. Most were waived because of his MBA.

Jessica after much deliberation finally decided to go to the regular jr high and not the charter school she was accepted to. The clincher was that the regular jr high offered 8 classes a semester instead of just 7--I have weird kids--who wants MORE classes?? She's still taking piano and liking it.

Jane is a genius!! (or is now that we moved here) :) She was accepted into the gifted and talented full time program. That just means that I have to drive her and she doesn't go to the school that is a block away from our house. :( She is back in full swing with her karate training and loving it.

Gracie is going to a charter school--much to my relief--I thought I was going to have to home school her. Can you imagine me doing that?? I can't and I was freaking out--but this charter school will let her out as early as 1pm each day she has gymnastics!!! Hip Hip Hooray!!!! Her gymnastics schedule is now Tuesday-Friday 4:30-8:30. As if that isn't bad enough her gym is 50 minutes away--yes that's right 50.

On that note we traded in our V6 engine car for 2 nice little Mazda 2s. Can you say 35mpg?? YAY! Yep, Rod and I now drive little bitty cars. Rod makes it look a bit like a clown car! Oh well, he thinks our next car should be a Nissan z and he will most magnanimously give his to Jessica when she starts driving in a couple of years.

Gracie's last check-up showed that she is still cancer-free! She can now move to annual check ups. She still has some of the chemo-chemicals in her blood but they should continue to decrease. She's at 3 years cancer-free! I didn't realize the chemo stayed in her system for soooo long.

We miss our Texas pals...and all our friends stroon about the world! We think of you often and are so grateful you've crossed our path...until next time

2 comments:

Jacqui said...

So glad everyone is well. I don't think Rod can make the car look anymore like a clown car than John did. Remember the blue Geo Metro???? Big man in a little car! Love you, Jacqui

Unknown said...

Great to hear from you! Time sure flies! The girls all sound like they are well and happy. Include photos!!!