Saturday, August 2, 2008

3rd round of chemo

Gracie started her 3rd round of chemo yesterday. We came home Thursday evening and had to be back to the hospital at 2 o'clock Friday. Grace was not happy. She knew we needed to go back to the hospital but she thought we would be able to come home that same day--sort of an outpatient thing. When she realized that we were staying for a week she just began crying, all energy gone, she just sagged. She's tired of it. I have to admit, every time we bring her home I have this overwhelming desire to throw her in the car and head for Mexico or Europe or somewhere and just make it all go away. As if sandy beaches would cure her. I feel like if we pretend it's not happening it'll stop and we can go back, she'd be smiley, bouncy Grace again, and we could forget all about this nightmare we can't seem to wake up from. But she still has cancer and needs more treatment. I can hardly stand it and yet, it must be so much worse for her.

None of us would be able to cope at all if it weren't for all the love and support we've received. I don't know how to express forcefully enough, or just enough, enough how much we appreciate all that you are doing for us.

Thanks--thanks--thanks!!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Melissa, I just go my internet up and running in CT. My heart goes out to you. It makes my moving nightmare (broken van, broken lawn mower, tons of nicks,dents, and scratches, and 5 children asking when to we can go home (yes, Trent is one of the children!)

Don and Sue said...

Dear Melissa,
I hear the pain and frustration in your voice. I know that Gracie will be over this soon and your strength will be there for someone else who wants to escape all this like you feel right now. You will be their rock. In the meantime you are strong and an example to us all!!! We love you!!!
Aunt Sue and Uncle Don

Petersonpod said...

You are still in our prayers, and know that this will pass...I'm sure that it must seem like forever right now for your sweet family. Thanks for your examples and updates. Wish we could be there to watch your girls for you! Hope your Mom is still there to help!
Shawn and Amy Peterson