Saturday, July 5, 2008

Too Soon

I guess we spoke too soon on Thursday night. Friday was the worst so far. She had terrible headaches from the lumbar puncture. The nausea kicked up a notch and she couldn't keep anything down. She is very fatigued. They only allowed Rod to bring her home once all of that stabilized (at least it stabilized). They came home about 8:00pm. We will be able to keep her home as long as she doesn't develop a fever or begin to vomit and other yucky stuff we will spare you the details of. If any of these happen it is right back to the hospital. We want to keep her home so we are forcing the fluids and watching her temperature closely. She is a sick little girl right now. This is the first we have seen her without any good moments in a day. The plus side is she does not speak. How many times have we wished for our kids to be silent????? Silence means "Yes" and a grunt means "No". That's the most we get from her. Oh, yeah we forgot about "Aaaaahhhh" it means there is something she wants and we have to guess until we get silence. Of course she did tell Vicki in the night "I need to go potty" and this morning she told her "I'm hungry". So, we know she hasn't lost the ability to speak. Whew!! That was not a side effect they mentioned.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Rodney & Melissa:

Misty and I just heard about little Grace's illness from Rod's mom and sisters. We love you guys. Know that you are in our thoughts and prayers. God will bless you...we know it.


Mike and Misty

Rex and Charlene Zimmerman said...

Hi Cluffs,
You are in our thoughts and prayers...

Love,
Uncle Rex and Aunt Char

Grandma Cluff said...

I finally have someone here who can help me get into this box. We hope today will be a more happy day for Gracie. This afternoon as we begin our fast we will be thinking of Gracie and exercising our faith in Our Heavenly Father knowing that He knows what is best. We love you all and are happy you are part of our family. Love Mom Cluff

AJay Piniewski said...

Hi Grace,

I hope that you are feeling good, as good as you can in that stupid hospital anyway! I just wanted to say hi and let you, your Mom and Dad and everyone know that there are thousands of people out there fighting for you this very minute.

I know its not easy, but you are a special kid. It's easy for me to know that because I had a special kid myself, and I saw so many other special kids when he was in the hospital. You just keep amazing your Mom and Dad and Doctors and nurses with how you simply are! And never ever stop hand painting - you're so good at it!

Take care you all,

AJs Dad

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/CureChildhoodCancer

http://curechildhoodcancer.blogspot.com/

Don and Sue said...

Dear Melissa and Rod,
It's hard for me to find words to say about how we feel but I do know you are both strong and I know that Grace is blessed to have your strength to rely on.
Love to all,
DOn and Sue

Shaela said...

It is good to know you are keeping a sense of humor through this. Guessing games are fun eh?
Seriously though... Call me if you ever just need/want to vent... I'd love to hear from you anyway, it's been a while since we've talked. Take care. 801-560-9161

Holli said...

Oh Melissa,

My heart just hurts when I think about what you guys are going through. I do wish I was closer so that I could take you out to lunch or something to give you a break, you need to take care of yourself too! You guys are still in all of our prayers. Thanks for the updates, it is really nice to be in the loop!

Love,
Holli Clark